[Chrysler300] C-300 Exhaust Extensions

I am looking for correct exhaust extensions/deflectors for my 1955
C-300.  I have several photos showing  the original factory equipment
deflectors as being a thin oval with four fake holes in the end--the
exhaust being deflected downward.  A member indicated that reproduction
'57-'64 Studebaker Hawk deflectors are the same as the original Chrysler
deflectors.  If anyone has the original or NOS Chrysler deflectors,
would you compare them to the pictures of part No. AC2840 at
www.studebaker.com and let me know if they appear to be the same?  Plug
the AC2840 into the site's search window for a pretty decent picture of
the deflector.

At $76/pop they will cost more than the new mufflers (non-stock) I had
installed, so if a better price is around for a valid reproduction, I
would appreciate knowing about that, also.  The exhaust piping diameters
vary on my car, ending up with 2" at the rear.  Does that sound right?

Getting prepared for and looking forward to the 1.18 mile vertical trip
to South Lake Tahoe.  Our Chrysler 300 will become a Chrysler 239 at
lake level.  I will probably be derated even more.  Has rained some up
there lately, so need to do a no-rain dance.

C-300'ly,
Rich Barber
Brentwood, CA (120 miles to SLT as the crow flies, 172 road miles)
1955 C-300 (no a/c--but I never had a/c on a car until I hung a Mark IV
on our '63 Chrysler so I should survive 3+ hours each way)

Yahoo! Groups Links