[Chrysler300] Generator rebuild

I am about to get the generator on my 300F rebuilt. I
know I can convert it to an Alternator but want it
back running for the weekend and don't have the time
to do the bracket and conversion thing at this time.
Will do that next winter when I plan to do some
additional overhaul.
Any suggestions on any tricks or upgrades to the
generator for now.
When i got home from a 200 mile Sunday drive yesterday
it was howling.

Paul Martin
300F
Vancouver BC