From: Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On
Behalf Of Rich Barber
Sent: Tuesday, August 09, 2005 9:30 PM
To: christopher beilby
Cc: Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Chrysler300] 1957 Chrysler 300C Steering Box query

Christopher:

Thanks for the news from Australia.  Assuming your gasoline price is in
Australian $, that still amounts to US$4.56/gallon.  If you will e-mail
me some photos, I will print them and take them to the meet at South
Lake Tahoe tomorrow.  100 degrees here in central California-80's at the
Lake.

C-300'ly,
Rich Barber
Brentwood, (CA  Regular gasoline US$2.599/ gallon and up--always at or
near the highest in the nation)
1955 C-300

christopher beilby wrote:

>Does the power steering box fitted to most 57 300Cs have any other name than
>Chrysler Coaxial Power Steering?
>50s GM power steer boxes were known as Moraine - would Ross be the
>provider/manufacturer for these boxes that ran from early 50s and ended in
>57, before the newer more compact box from 58 onwards?
>
>Over here in Australia gas prices are approx $6.00 a gallon in City, around
>$7.00 in country, and going up 50c in next week - our government takes near
>50% to discourage wastage - pity they didn't adopt same policy for the way
>they spend, run the country !!   Have a nice day, I am about to have my
>three 300Cs together for the first time - can send a few shots to Club if
>you like - not too many 300Cs in Australia - about 6 perhaps - 5 coupes, 1
>convertible.
>Christopher in Australia - we having a cold wet winter (daily temps in south
>of nation around 50 degrees) for once instead of drought

Yahoo! Groups Links