[Chrysler300] Non-300, but interesting Hemi engine...

[Chrysler300] Non-300, but interesting Hemi engine...

A local gentlemen contacted me about helping to clean his garage.

Seems back in the fifties he bought an engine from Doane Chevrolet,
quite prominent in sports car racing at time, an engine that GM brass
did not want in a Chevy dealer sponsored car--a Cunningham.

He has the engine with the Cunningham manifold, four Zenith one
barrels, Mallory Mag and all the goodies.  It is rumored to have but a
few hours on it.  The serial number backs it to a Dodge industrial
block and, curiously, has hydraulic lifters. It is a 331 Hemi with red
valve covers, "Firepower".

Anyone interested, send me an email and I'll relay the phone number.
I'm trying to convince a friend to replace the Lincoln engine in his
Muntz Jet with a better piece of HISTORY!!!

L. Andrew Jugle, Elmhurst,IL.

Yahoo! Groups Links