[Chrysler300] Disabled C-300 transmission

[Chrysler300] Disabled C-300 transmission

Does anyone in the group know a possible cause or fix for my C-300
Powerflite? My freshly overhauled Powerflite only moves the car slowly in
Reverse on a level surface, and in small (2") steps when revving to 3000 RPM
in Drive. When meeting an incline, neither gear moves the car.
Could it be that I missed the pump drive when installing (it slided quite
easily onto the cut-off bolts I used for alignment and no force was needed
to tighten up the bolts), or could it be the pump has quit pumping (working
fine before the overhaul), or is there any other possible cause or remedy
that does not include "start by removing the transmission from the car".

Other facts:
1) The dipstick level sinks about 1/4" when engine is started (should this
be 1/2" or more?)
2) There is an audible humming from the converter in Neutral, when engaging
a gear it now takes 3-4 seconds before the humming ends - not less than 1
second as previously.
3) Even if I emptied both transmission and converter during the rebuild, it
has only been possible to properly refill 6 of the Shop Manuals announced
11,5 quarts capacity. I put in 8 quarts and the fluid now covers all the
dipstick's texting...
4) I removed the engine/trans combo as a whole, removed the transmission
from the engine and got it overhauled without touching the converter or flex
plate.
5) I do not have a pressure gauge myself, but could locate someone with
such, if that is the way to go.
6) Removing the powerplant is a tedious task in a small private garage, that
is why I am hoping for clever clue to avoid that.
7) The trans guy says bring it back and he will check - only problem he is
500 miles away...

hope everyone at Lake Tahoe is having a good time,

Narve Nordanger
Gearless C-300 in Norway