[Chrysler300] 300C body number

I'm going to assume you are only looking for the Vehicle Identification Number with your question.  There is a production number for the body alone ("body number") but you have gone on to mention the VIN (the completed full assembly by which the car is registered) so I am addressing that.  The VIN does NOT appear near the license plate in 1957.  The VIN only appears on the stainless plate on the left door hinge pillar and then the slightly different motor number appears stamped in the original motor block and is duplicated in the frame rail at the right rear quarter of the car.

Wayne

 Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2005 11:27:42 -0000
   From: "gary_r_23" <moparfan@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: 300C body number

Can anyone tell me where the body number would be on a 57 300C? The
VIN plate is gone so we would like look for some sort of cross
reference as to the original VIN of a car. Isn't it somewhere around
the rear of the car, say, below the license plate area? Of course a
picture would be great.

Thanks in advance,
Gary Runkel