Re: [Chrysler300] Gasoline

Matt I haven't seen 93 Octane in N. Ca. for a long time.  I use 91 in my
HP Mopars and have had no problem with performance. Sure I would like to
have better like the old days.  I have built two 426 wedge using
Chryslers specs. They say you can get good performance using lower
compression than keeping the old 10 to 1 & 10.5 to one engines and
having to retard the timing back to the point they don't knock.  One 426
with a single 4 bbl. and a .484". lift cam was lowered to 9.5 to 1 and
it runs great on 91 octane and 34 degrees total advance.  The other
engine has 9.3 to 1 with 2x 4bbls also runs great with 36 degrees total
advance.  I use the adjustable vacuum advance canisters. I think this
really helps.
My son used to run his Charger at the drags and we tried the Octane
booster and could hardly tell the difference and really adds to the cost
of fuel.
     Bring Back The 110 we had in the 50's & 60's.    Gary Barker