Re: [Chrysler300] Clock Bolts

Matt

I am going purely from memory which some times is not so good.  I believe
the bolts are quite short, perhaps less than 1/2 inch.  They are either
10-32, 8-32, or 6-32 gauge and thread pitch.  They can be purchased at a
hardware store in a bubble pack of a small quantity for probably less
than a dollar each.  Buy all three sizes and you will be covered for this
application and many others in the future.  If what you buy are too long,
most plier type wire strippers have bolt cutters built into them near the
hinge of the stripper.  The cutters are in the sizes of  4-40, 6-32,
8-32, 10-32, and 10-24 and they are marked on the tool.  To avoid
damaging the threads when you cut the bolt you must screw the bolt into
the cutter from the threaded side so that it passes through the non
threaded side.  When you have the bolt screwed into the tool to the
correct length including the threaded thickness of the tool, squeeze the
handles and the excess will be cleanly removed.

I hope this hasn't  been to boring for all those who already know how to
use these tools.

Minnesota Marshall
Red G,  27 & 28 Dodge Brothers.

Yahoo! Groups Links