Re: [Chrysler300] Movie Car Info

I've rented cars to movie productions in the past. The biggest one was the
Michael Keaton film about the japanese auto company coming to the US. It was
filmed in Homestead, Pennsylvania. My memory fails me  - can't remember the
name of the movie; Gung Ho? maybe?

I would suggest that you or a representative of yours be with the vehicle at
all times. In my case, the prop handlers actually tried very hard to take
care of the cars. They even hired a local friend of mine to wash and wax the
cars each evening when they were stored inside.(Not just mine, but all the
30 some cars they had rented)
Even though I offered to drive my cars or have a friend drive them to the
set, they insisted on trailering them which was actually more trouble (and
possibly more dangerous)  (Possibly their insurance requiremnts)

The problems were during the actual filming. Those people involved there
were certainly not "car people" and to them their mindset was that cars were
just props and props were repairable. They didn't consciously try to damage
the cars but they treated them like " company cars" and used them like
trucks, garbage cans, lunch counters etc...you get the picture.

If you are with your car, the first coffee cup on the hood and you can be
right there to stop that nonsense.

I remember them paying $200.00 per day per background car and almost double
that for action cars,  which was incredible money back then! I believe I
came out way ahead on that project.

Jeff Miklas

Yahoo! Groups Links