[Chrysler300] Movie Cars...some inside "poop"

[Chrysler300] Movie Cars...some inside "poop"

There are several degrees of involvement in movie car use.

1) Background use. "Day Lease" You drive car, its parked; use is
limited to being in scenery. They damage it, your insurance covers it.

2) Moving. Driving in background, through a scene or tracking. If YOU
drive the car as opposed to film company paying driver for cued scene
or action. You crash, your insurance covers it.

3) Feature car.  Used in sequence of the film. Either the talent
operates the car, interior shots or running, or film company drives
car. Liability lies, again, with OWNER.

You are paid depending on use. Day use is paid in "cash" and is
contract for you and car to be there. These can be fun, but eat time.

Action use, the car is leased to perform as designated.  Liability is
on YOUR SIDE to perform.  If car, even not at YOUR CONTROL, screws
up, you are liable for lost production expense.  These are not good
deals to get into....

For "Crime Story" I SOLD the car to the production company, with
right of first refusal. That meant it was their car, their liability
and they could do anything, save DESTROY, with the car. Destruction
of car, or selling the car was with my permission only.  "First
refusal" means I am given exclusive opportunity to reverse the sale
or fate of existance of the car.

As with ANY deal in Hollywood, count your fingers after shaking
hands. Learn to deal with ATTITUDE as these are not normal people.
You might sign deal with nicest guy on earth, but find your
transportation captain is Atilla The Hun. Money (or value or worth)
is water in the hands of production people who are used to never
using their own.

In 1988, I got $14,000 for an 80 point rusty 300C. They put $30,000
of lipstick on the pig and did maybe $40,000 damage.  I bought it
back for $8,900 and had to pick it up in Las Vegas. Did I win or lose?
Tough to tell. It was my wife's decision, it being a His and Her
pair, and her car. Value of exposure and now a "Personality" car??
Who knows.  It DID give 300s lots of exposure.

L. Andrew Jugle, Elmhurst, IL

Yahoo! Groups Links