[Chrysler300] Ram formulas

Retransmittal of last e-mail. Correction to URL.

Hi all:

The subject of rams has arisen again so I want to call attention to 2 simple
formulas for calculating the desired rpm vs. duration should one wish to opt
for a maximum torque at another rpm other than the standard 2800 for long
rams.  The formulas below are the result of manipulating and simplifying the
formulas in the article "All About Rams" in the club's web site.

To determine RPM at which maximum torque will be attained when valve duration
is known:

RPM = (720 - D)6.195

or;

To determine required intake valve duration in degrees to attain maximum
torque at a preselected RPM:

D = 720 - RPM/6.195

Where:   D = Intake valve duration in degrees

NOTE:  In order to attain maximum torque, the cam gear must have the
cam locating pin hole retarded 2 degrees!

I have prepared a table using the above formulas for a large range of valve
durations.  It can be seen at the following URL.  When you paste this URL
into the search engine, delete the "a" in front of www.  Also included in the
chart are harmonics for each duration.  For the life of me, I cannot remember
why I calculated these, its been so long ago.

awww.chrysler300club.com/tech/reitz/formulas.htm

Have fun.

Dan Reitz
Northridge, CA