[Chrysler300] Sill plates for 57 300

Hi Bill and others,

Just a small, but ever so friendly comment on the subject.

Congratulations to all of you over there whom are currently able to buy these nice reproduced Door Sill plates through Michael B and perhaps others for (only) USD 375.00.  Priced more reasonable at your end than over here in Sweden where they are originally made. Mainly a  consequence to the ever fluctuating currency levels I would say, so pls beware of the day when the stock of parts in US is down to zero again.  Price war?  Inbetween distributors that might be, while there is no known of competition actually making these beauties.  Priced fair?  Just a piece of bright aluminium and wouldn´t cost a lot to manufacture. It´s even made slightly thinner than the original thing, but still made such a hugh difference when buying and mounting a set for my own car a few years back. It´s a pure joy just opening the door every time.  Pls do keep in mind the dedication of the guy Torbjörn Fredriksson who is the guy behind once making the actual tool for to enable the reproductions (300/ N.Y/Desoto)  and then also the Swedish MOPAR-wizzards Jan F and Bengt B whom are currently in charge of producing them.  These guys are also behind several other hugh efforts on tooling and manufacturing such as the air filter housings for 300 D, E, F, G H, etc and possibly also in the future for the C, not to mention the project of reproduced gas tanks for 57-59 cars hopefully soon to be finalized for sale etc.  Pls spare these admireable car nuts (Gary Goers, DesotoGeorge from down under, and obviously others also ought to be mentioned with gratitude for the very same reason) a very special thought when buying any of  the reproductions offered.  What would we do without them?  Making our own tools and own reproductions, now when NOS or used parts are getting harder and harder to find?   I wouldn´t mind sending in another 10 bucks when buying any of this stuff while I know it would be, at least partly, used for to enable even further parts to be re-produced and thereby making life a bit easier for us trying to keep these old cars alive.

My salut to Jan, Bengt, Gary, George, Michael and all others dedicating time and funds trying to make a contribution although sales numbers and possible payback on efforts never ever can reach the levels of any comparable part made for the average classic Chevy or Ford.  Finally also a thought for the very same reason goes to the reproduction commity within the 300 Club Int for all your efforts on the very same issue. Thanks to all of you.

Ulf Larsson,
3N57 2660, Sweden

Yahoo! Groups Links