[Chrysler300] simple suggestion re what I said earlier re rebodying

[Chrysler300] simple suggestion re what I said earlier re rebodying

Earlier I mentioned the Shelby Register, and how it made it more difficult
to create fake cars, and claim they were originals - to show how simple a
basic system san be set up:

1) A simple proof of a car existing some time before was any 'For sale
listings' - the 300 Club magazine already often lists cars that have been
advertised recently. If the Club decided to expand it's current list of
known cars to also include some extra history, a good start would adding any
time a car was advertised, and say key points of how described. eg in the
current '300C chassis for sale' case, could record against that VIN number,
that the car was advertised as chassis only on such and such a date, and
where advertised, and say price, etc..

2) current owners could supply detail of when they purchased their car, how
and when found/advertised, etc.. This stuff is not likely to cause many
problems, open disputes, and if supplied by owner, would not take much Club
time to list/add if supplied in agreed format/email.

3) the Shelby Register often featured registration number/detail - this is
another easily checkable detail, not usually open to dispute.  It provides a
clear trackable ownership history.

4) the other things helpful to simply list is Current/original color,
options, mileage - this can be done on first listing, then if the car is
advertised later, and same detail noted/listed, it helps know what has been
changed, possible speedo wound back etc..

The other final option, is current owner could supply any known history of
car, but Club should maybe include this only if explained 'as provided by
owner', and veracity not confirmed by Club at that stage?

Leave it with you - anybody else welcome to comment, but I've said enough
from me on this.

Christopher in Australia

Yahoo! Groups Links