[Chrysler300] Re: Gas Tanks - Redi-Strip

[Chrysler300] Re: Gas Tanks - Redi-Strip

I just sent my K's tank out to be redi-stripped. I had recently sent a lot of
the sheetmetal for the car and was very pleased with the process.  The
process removes rust, paint, undercoating etc and leaves a metal etch coating on the
bare metal.

The local vendor says he does about a dozen tanks a week. He doesnt recommend
the internal tank sealers like POR15 be used as he says it only lasts a few
years and then begins to come loose inside the tank, clogging the sock. Of
course if yours has pinholes you may have no choice. Anyone here have any
experience with the "sealers"?

Mike Laiserin

Yahoo! Groups Links