[Chrysler300] Bad idea

I have been following the arguments over the re-body controversy, and I am totally neutral on the subject.  Both sides have proposed valid arguments, except Andy Mikonis' suggestion.  To me that is a "bad idea".  I'll try to explain why, without going into too much boring detail.

I feel that I was the victim of an e-bay scam a few years ago, and it is the reason I don't buy and sell on e-bay anymore.  Here is how the scam worked:

1.  Establish yourself or organization as the "authority" on the authenticity of an antique, or collector item.

2.  Offer an evaluation or certificate for a fee on your item.

3.  Create the illusion you are a crook or a fraud if you do not have their certification.

4.  When you certify the item, de-devalue it, and receive your fee.

5.  Buy it on e-bay under a different name at the de-valued price.

6.  Re-certify it at a higher price, and sell it on e-bay.

7.  Reap the profits.

I am not saying that anyone in the Chrysler 300 Club Int'l would do such a thing, but creating a bureaucratic type of organization with that type of control is just inviting corruption  in the future.  My model is government.  Look at any governing body, anywhere in the world, at any level.  There is corruption, and the job never get done as originally intended.  I rest my case.

The other reason I am neutral on the subject is I don't have ATV.  [anal tunnel vision]  My philosophy is:  "Cars were made to be driven, NOT WORSHIPPED."  He who doesn't enjoy driving his car is missing something great, especially the Letter 300s.

                                Al Peirish
          [just minutes from the Spruce Goose, and even closer to insanity]

Yahoo! Groups Links