From: Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Gary Barker
Sent: Thursday, April 06, 2006 12:26 AM
To: john_nowosacki@xxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Chrysler300] Controversy

Many cars have I.D.numbers stamped in hidden places.  Sometimes on the
radiator support,  under weather strips   behind accessories ,  on
brackets and also on hidden places on there frames.    Gary Barker

john_nowosacki@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

>Wow, I didn't know unibody cars had a stamping.  Why a separate piece of
metal spot welded to a piece of metal that already was stamped?
>Where is this stamp usually located?  I'd like to try and find it on my
car.
>If it is down low, like underneath a door sill plate or something like
that, then for the purposes of our discussion it is long-gone due to the
rust that is the whole reason for wanting to re-body in the first place.
>John

Behalf Of Jess Miklas
>Sent: Wednesday, April 05, 2006 1:31 PM
>To: Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>Subject: [Chrysler300] Controversy
>
>I am enjoying this discussion with an open mind!
>
>May I go one step further for my own satisfaction...
>
>Let's remember that the replacement unibody "cabin" (as it has been
referrred to) also has its  own stamped identifying numbers that correspond
to the data plate/microfilm. Are we then talking about cutting out those
numbers as well and welding them into the "new" body? If you don't, then you
will have a finished car that sports two different sets of identifying
numbers.

>What about the case of the 300 C frame now? The owner saved the VIN tag but
appearantly did not save the unibody stamped numbers. Such as then, there
can NEVER BE a totally matching number body on that 300C frame.

>Sorry to add to the flames but I really would like get to the bottom of
this once and for all... although I believe in the past that Gil Cunningham
eloquently and correctly put the matter to bed.

>Thanks
>
>Jeff Miklas

Yahoo! Groups Links