[Chrysler300] Rebodying and Hidden Numbers.

[Chrysler300] Rebodying and Hidden Numbers.

I've read just about everything on rebodying and hidden numbers posted on this list this time and on this and others several other times past.  And you know what?  I don't much care what the outcome of the discussion is.

If the potential market value of restoring a Letter Car hulk exceeds the cost, it will get done.  If it does not it will get parted out or scrapped.   That changes with the market.  What is both original and authentic?  The only thing that is original AND authentic is the way the car left the factory and that will NEVER happen again REGARDLESS of how hard the restorer tries or the scammer tries.

How important are hidden numbers really?  Only important during legal investigations.  The car won't run better or worse if the 300C frame number does not match the motor.  Yes, I would prefer to know the car was never disassembled or damaged to such a degree that the frame had to be changed.

If you want to know where the hidden number is on the 300Cs, I've been publishing that info for over 10 years in the 300C Handbook sold through club publications and something like 250 of the books have been sold.

Wayne

Yahoo! Groups Links