RE: [Chrysler300] '55 C300

Ron:

I hope you are catching the C-300 fever.  I sure can't give you a cost
estimate, but it does not appear this car will need many replacement parts,
other than the power brake booster.  Interior is available from Gary Goers,
lenses are available from Australia, chrome can be replated, stainless can
be polished, wiring looms are available from several sources, some brake,
bearing and ignition parts from NAPA-etc.  Many parts are shared across the
'55-'56 Chrysler line.  Rocker panels and other tin show up on ebay
regularly.  The only parts I have not been able to find are sill plate
covers (on Goers' drawing board), 8.00 X 15 Goodyear Bluestreak tires, NOS
or recast steering wheels (most Chrysler steering wheels are in terrible
shape from shrinking and cracking--but fair-to-middlin' wheels are available
with varying degrees of restoration), wheel covers are the same as Imperials
except for the centers and fairly common--new reproduction wheel cover
centers are available.  Some C-300's actually came with wire wheels and
there are 5 for sale right now on e-bay--and they can be restored, rechromed
and equipped with SS spokes.

Go for it.  Get it and get it into a shop for a body off resto.  Another
cherry C-300 will be welcomed in the Club.  There are many knowledgeable and
helpful folks in the club that will help you with the restoration--and some
of them even have a few scarce parts available.  We would all encourage you
to get it and it will be welcomed at any level of restoration you may see
fit to apply.  Just don't paint it Dayglo Orange, install outside rear view
mirrors or install 22's at the corners.  Big dice on the inside rear-view
mirror seem to be tolerated.

I have not yet heard back from the seller on the engine serial number.  It
has the proper air cleaners, but unless it has a 1955 C300 engine, and
hopefully the original, its ultimate value may be diminished.

My C-300 is not cherry, but photographs well.  Under separate cover, I'm
e-mailing you a picture to whet your appetite!

C-300'ly
Rich Barber
Brentwood, CA
1955 C-300 3N551128