Re: [Chrysler300] Replacement Battery- caution

Re: [Chrysler300] Replacement Battery- caution

Add me to the list.  My voltage regulator went out on a trip to Ocala  last
November.  When I got there I opened the hood and here's all this acid  all
over the place.  I washed it down with water and baking soda but the  damage had
already been done.  Inner fender, spark plug wires and boots,  air cleaners,
engine block, lower and upper control arms, battery tray,  radiator....all
covered with acid.  Only thing that didn't get it was the  bottom side of the hood
(never did figure that one out).  We refinished  everything and it now looks
good as new.

I now drive around with a red rag covering the battery at all times.
Battery acid turns a red rag blue and there are several places on this rag where  it
is now blue.

Mike Meyer

Yahoo! Groups Links