[Chrysler300] Tar Top Battery Cover-6-Volt

[Chrysler300] Tar Top Battery Cover-6-Volt

This fellow provided a link to the Packard International Club and I found
their website at:  http://www.packards-today.com/

Once there, click on Parts & Accessories, Battery & Electric to view their
merchandise.  They also offer a pretty authentic looking powder-coated
battery holddown & J-bolts, also.

They have two different black case styles for 6-Volt Optima batteries.
Neither has any brand markings, each has black caps and the more
authentic-looking tar top model is a Group 2L that has the terminals on the
opposite corners from the plain top Group 2.  $78 (tar top) and $58 (smooth
top).  The external cell links appear to be painted white--suppose that is
to simulate the gray lead links that I recall were uncoated?

I appreciate the patience of the 12-Volt lettercar owners while a few of us
beat this 6-Volt deal to death.  Only 10.2% of all 1955-65 lettercars had
6-Volt systems.

C-300'ly,
Rich Barber
Brentwood, CA