RE: [Chrysler300] G Stick shift

John C and all.

I pasted John C's note below...I had not received it originally so John H
sent me a copy....

I spoke with Dave Bowman (the owner of this car) a few weeks ago and then
spoke to Gil about the car.  The car is (and has been) a known car.  The vin
is 8413 130632.  While the original Chrysler micro film does not shed any
light on the true originality of this car, I can say one thing I have
learned is that Chrysler did a lot of strange things back then.

The transmissions in the trunk are thought to be the standard heavy duty
transmissions that Chrysler produced en masse in the early 1960's for light
duty trucks (of which they sold a lot of) as well as the letter series
cars...however, I did not get pictures of the stampings on them....I have
been told that Chrysler made light duty versions of the transmissions as
well that could not handle the torque of the letter cars' 375 horses....

A couple of weeks ago, I posted a note on the server indicating a car on the
West coast with a November build date (11/15) and a car on the East coast
with a similar build date.  This is the West coast car I referred to.  The
east coast car was purchased by a restorer.

John H said it best (below): The only way to know for sure is when one
changes hands....the Barrett Jackson car was a nice driver condition car if
I recall....but it has also been two years.

Regarding the stick shift knob: I think there was also a tan (Ivory) colored
knob as well in '61....

Happy motoring.

John