From: Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of rob kern
Sent: Tuesday, April 18, 2006 5:02 PM
To: Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Chrysler300] Stick Shifts in 300s

Hello 300'ly to all!
    Last year's B-J interview after the black 206K convertible went across the stage with a 12 year old sums it up. The question posed to the kid was "What do you find so interesting about this car?" Without a pause the boy said "The pushbuttons to make it go!".  While growing up any Chrysler product that could have had a pushbutton transmission in my mind was the coolest.  If I saw a '56-'64 Chrysler product with a stick shift I felt that it was weird, and that the people who owned them were somehow missing out on fun in order to save a few bucks. Now these are commanding more money !?  The black G automatic was $14 K higher bid than the green stick at '05 B-J. Kind of cool to salivate over the production ordering idiosyncracies back in those days. I guess the F with the French Bridge transmission is really desirable because only 6(?) were made. I guess I love the pushbuttons because as a kid they were verboten for me to touch and I always lusted to push them behind the whee
 l.  This was only the privilege of my Dad, Aunt, & Uncle. Ah, they are ALL MINE NOW and not in a DeSoto or a Dodge but a 300C!!!!  ROB KERN

Yahoo! Groups Links

Yahoo! Groups Links