Re: [Chrysler300] Stick Shifts in 300s

Keep in mind that most of these auction cars are bought by retiring
guys with too much extra money to play with (No offence if you're one
of them!). Many are buying back their youth and memories . I would buy
a stick over an auto if it was just for shows and occasional cruses.
Sadly, for a daily driver, I gotta go with an auto now. But I still
have my pipes!!!

I guess it's all a matter of how you grew up. I grew up racing,
involved from about 14 years old. My first 10-12 cars were sticks, I
wouldn't own an auto shift, they were for wimps. Eventually, I had to
settle for an auto, couldn't get sticks anymore. My first auto was a 56
Nomad. Later, after the trans fell out with my wife driving, I replaced
it with a 3 speed and a 409 engine. Now that was one bad Nomad.

Regards and see ya in Ashville, Ray

On Apr 18, 2006, at 4:01 PM, rob kern wrote:

> If I saw a '56-'64 Chrysler product with a stick shift I felt that it
> was weird, and that the people who owned them were somehow missing out
> on fun in order to save a few bucks. Now these are commanding more
> money !??

Yahoo! Groups Links