From: "rob kern" <robkern@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, April 18, 2006 2:01 PM
Subject: [Chrysler300] Stick Shifts in 300s

> Hello 300'ly to all!
>     Last year's B-J interview after the black 206K convertible went across
the stage with a 12 year old sums it up. The question posed to the kid was
"What do you find so interesting about this car?" Without a pause the boy
said "The pushbuttons to make it go!".  While growing up any Chrysler
product that could have had a pushbutton transmission in my mind was the
coolest.  If I saw a '56-'64 Chrysler product with a stick shift I felt that
it was weird, and that the people who owned them were somehow missing out on
fun in order to save a few bucks. Now these are commanding more money !?
The black G automatic was $14 K higher bid than the green stick at '05 B-J.
Kind of cool to salivate over the production ordering idiosyncracies back in
those days. I guess the F with the French Bridge transmission is really
desirable because only 6(?) were made. I guess I love the pushbuttons
because as a kid they were verboten for me to touch and I always lusted to
push them behind the wheel.  This was only the privilege of my Dad, Aunt, &
Uncle. Ah, they are ALL MINE NOW and not in a DeSoto or a Dodge but a
300C!!!!  ROB KERN

Yahoo! Groups Links