Re: [Chrysler300] Torqueflite trans

Al,

  The starter ring gear on the torque converter can be replaced, which is what I had to do on my 300G.   I got my new ring gear from Frank Mitchell.  I filed down the welds on the old one so that it could be removed and had a welding shop spot weld the new one in place.

  With best regards, Jim

Alfred J. Peirish" <jfreddie@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  I have been following some of the comments from others on the F transmissions.  From my limited knowledge, I thought the Letter transmissions from 1957-61 were very similar, if not the same.  While doing some engine work on my C the other day, I noticed some teeth on the starter ring were "chewed up".  My local transmission rebuilder offered no encouragement for finding a new torque converter.  When I inquired about rebuilding my trans, he said that parts were very difficult to find.  Is this true?  What do you guys do?  Fortunately, my transmission still works, but at 142,000 miles,  it might not work forever.

                    Al Peirish

Yahoo! Groups Links