From: Gary Barker <gbarker@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Alfred J. Peirish <jfreddie@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: <Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, April 22, 2006 10:23 PM
Subject: Re: [Chrysler300] Torqueflite trans

> Hi Al,  When I rebuilt mine I found a few company's that carried rebuilt
> kits but not for the 300 transmission.  They were missing parts and some
> seals were the wrong size.  Thats one reason I had to go looking for
> parts.    If anybody doesn't have a Transmission Manual you can go to
> The Imperial Club web sight and either read it or down load it.  Approx.
> 86 pages.      Gary Barker
>
> Alfred J. Peirish wrote:
>
> >I have been following some of the comments from others on the F
transmissions.  From my limited knowledge, I thought the Letter
transmissions from 1957-61 were very similar, if not the same.  While doing
some engine work on my C the other day, I noticed some teeth on the starter
ring were "chewed up".  My local transmission rebuilder offered no
encouragement for finding a new torque converter.  When I inquired about
rebuilding my trans, he said that parts were very difficult to find.  Is
this true?  What do you guys do?  Fortunately, my transmission still works,
but at 142,000 miles,  it might not work forever.

> >                    Al Peirish
> >     [just minutes from the Spruce Goose, but possibly an eternity from
cast iron Torqueflite parts]

> >To send a message to this group, send an email to:
> >Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> >
> >For list server instructions, go to
> >Yahoo! Groups Links

> >This email was pre-scanned by Spam Guardian
> >A Service Provided by http://www.foothill.net

> Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> For list server instructions, go to
> Yahoo! Groups Links