[Chrysler300] 2003 Carbs

Hello everyone, I have two questions about the 2903 carbs on my G.  They are off and now planning to put them back on after adjusting all the linkages according to the Service Bulletin.  I am having a problem understanding the operation of the choke pull off which is done by the choke piston which I believe is suppose to get the vacuum from the port at the bottom of the carb next to the primary throttle valve plate.  If this is correct, then here is my problem.  My carb base gasket covers the vacuum port feeding the choke piston.  All the other vacuum ports have passages leading to the ports for vacuum.  The question now is, should the gasket have an opening for the choke port to get vacuum, or does the choke get its vacuum from another source somewhere else in the carb?  I tried to get the correct gasket from NAPA, but they stated it was no longer available and the replacement gasket covered the choke vacuum port.  The second question is, the picture and instructions shown in the Bulletin for "Indexing the Choke Piston" does not match mine.  The instructions calls for a wire gauge to be used to set the piston.  Did anyone run across this situation, and how important is this part?  Thanks.

Paul
300G

Yahoo! Groups Links