Re: [Chrysler300] Power steering pump

Actually, I had the correct tool to reassemble the Thompson pump from my 300C, and was able to do so.  However, the reason I tried to rebuild it in the first place was an annoying whirring noise that emanated from the pump when turning the steering wheel, and it got worse the hotter the pump got while driving.  Rebuilding it with new seals and such didn't change anything, which really isn't too surprising.  It still makes noise, and I am considering going to the 1958 and later pump, but I hate it not looking correct.  Am I the only one that has that awful noise from this pump, or it it the reason it was a one year only pump?  I found another one on a 1957 New Yorker in a junk yard and just installed it as it was, but it too made the same noise.  Am I just really unlucky?
Thanks
Steve Albu

http://us.click.yahoo.com/DHchtC/3FxNAA/yQLSAA/8LmulB/TM