Re: [Chrysler300] sparkplug wire set

Hi Tom, Paul, and All:
First of all, to answer Tom's question---the wires you have will not fit a
300F engine (unless the 1960-61 set specifies the ram Dodge engine).  Even  if
they did specify ram, I am not certain they would fit properly, as the width
of the 383 is different from the 413.  HOWEVER, as I have mentioned before,
300F/300G wires are available from Lectric Limited in IlIinois.
(708-563-0400---ask for Greg Hanna)

Now Paul's question.  A search thru the AMA specs confirmed all the  Hemis
had non-resistor "stranded copper" spark plug wires.  The only B  engines I can
find which specify the non resistor wires are the 300F 400HP  optional engine
and the 1962 300/300H optional engines.  Specified is  "stainless steel
non-resistance conductor".  I always thought the 300G  400HP option was identical to
the "F", but the wires specified for it are  "resistor conductor, 7mm
silicone with glass inner bead".  I am sure these  "silicone" wires are the brownish
ones.  Finally, for the 300J and 300K  ram, which also used the brownish
wires, the specification is still for a  resistance conductor.  In the 300K ram
case, the specs mention that the  wires have a silicone jacket.
For "Electrical Suppression", all the AMA specs specify RESISTOR  sparkplugs,
except the 300F which states "capacitor at generator and  regulator", and the
300G 400HP which states the glass inner bead as its  suppression.  Since the
sparkplugs specified for the standard 300F engine,  Auto-Lite A32, are the
same as used on the 300E and 300G, they must also be  resistor type.  It would
appear that ALL 300s had resistor type plugs  originally.  Hope this helps out a
little.
300ly, Gil Cunningham
Tallahassee, FL

In a message dated 5/23/2006 1:52:52 PM Eastern Standard Time,
paulholm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

goldenlion413@xxxxxxx wrote:

>Hi  Everyone.
>   I have two boxes of n.o.s. whitaker sparkplug  wire sets
>the one box is for  a 1963-1964 dodge 361 and 383  engine.The other box set
is
>for a 1960-to1961  dodge 8 cylinder  engine will either of these sparkplug
wire
>sets work on a 1960   413 for a 300f car thank you tom.

out of ( Humm What did you  know ) curiousity -
the Sparkplug wires for the hemi's was non-resister so  the plugs
are supposed to be resister.
Were the original plugs for the  letter car wedge motors resister or
non-resister, thereby providing the  clue that the factory wire sets for the
413's are to be resister or  non-resister??

--
Paul Holmgren

Everything you need is one?click away.? Make Yahoo! your home page?now.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/AHchtC/4FxNAA/yQLSAA/8LmulB/TM