[Chrysler300] Lefty's Product Review of the Month

[Chrysler300] Lefty's Product Review of the Month

Might you be a little paranoid about that old wiring in your 300?  Or,  in my
case, even more worried of the miles of new wiring and gizmo's self
installed with only Blue Tahoe inspired thinking?  Last week I purchased  and
installed a product from a hot-rod house that installs between your battery  and all
that wiring in your car.  With a push of a button, it latches and  de-latches a
solenoid that shuts off all power to the car when you want  this.  A good
time for it's use will be when I smell the smoke of burning  rubber or plastic or
cloth wire wrapping.  It is capable of handling 110  amps of power, takes 3
amps to switch and uses zero power between uses.   Makes an interesting theft
deterrent as well as stopping that power drain you  have never been able to
detect.  DISCLAIMER;  I am using it on a  street rod and connected it on a thick
power wire installed beyond the  starter motor which puts the product and a
power point terminal inside the  driver compartment from which all power
requirements originate.  In other  words, the instructions call for the installation
on the positive cable between  the battery and the starter.  Not sure that I
would want to cut the main  power cable to install this switch there.  AFTER
the starter/battery  cable connection is more helpful to me since my project is
all brand new  thinking and the reason for a kill switch seems more important
than in an  all OEM situation.  Hertog? Verity?  where would this thingy be
installed in a production 300 to best advantage if the battery to starter
cable was left intact?  Available at Wire 1 Hot  Rod.....www.wire1hotrod.com
805 480  WIRE            was  either 65 or 85 bucks.

Larry Jett, right at the epicenter of the best California meets the club
ever saw.

PS.  Thought the D stories in the latest from our esteemed editor were  just
terrific.  Each one was a delight to read.  Thanks to the authors  for their
efforts!!!

Everything you need is one?click away.? Make Yahoo! your home page?now.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/AHchtC/4FxNAA/yQLSAA/8LmulB/TM