From: Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of christopher beilby
Sent: Sunday, June 04, 2006 6:49 PM
To: Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Chrysler300] advice re dealing with ebay seller needed

This query relates to buying something on ebay where the seller won't
provide shipping cost detail, therefore making it impossible to pay for the
item.

The item is not a Chrysler part, but for 57 TBird I own, but 300 owners may
face similar problems, so how to deal with it should be useful to all 300
owners.

I think he is deliberately refusing to supply shipping cost so he can claim
'item not paid for', and cancel the deal - similar item made double what he
set his reserve at, and this is his second attempt at selling it on ebay -
the first time he agreed to sell it to me for his earlier reserve it did not
meet, end at, but then later never gave me shipping price - in the meantime
2 other similar parts made double his reserve, and he stiopped replying to
my emails re what was going on.  So when he relisted item, I thought I have
protection of buying on ebay now, so I bid just above his former reserve,
the price he originally said he would take.

The item is very rare for 57 TBird, only seen 3 on ebay in last 18 months,
on all in US I have asked  re theses have said - "Unobtainium, never see
them nowadays", otherwise I would not have bothered bidding 2nd time.

How do I get him to give shipping price - do ebay have a system whereby you
can get ebay to warn him he must provide shipping detail other than usual
'contanct seller' and "Request shipping detail"  means?  I got first item
off him for other side of car earlier, it was excellent, so I think he is
trustworthy there, not a shonk/crook, just expected more for this one as it
harder one to get? - he ships worldwide, so that not the problem.

Any other 300 owners out there had this trick pulled on them to get out of
selling them the super hard to get item they won?

Christopher in oz

Yahoo! Groups Links

Everything you need is one?click away.? Make Yahoo! your home page?now.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/AHchtC/4FxNAA/yQLSAA/8LmulB/TM