RE: [Chrysler300] Need Help From Owners of 300s with 14 Inch Wheels

RE: [Chrysler300] Need Help From Owners of 300s with 14 Inch Wheels

For general information, there are two bumps 3 1/4" apart astride the valve
stem hole on each of the 15" X 5.5" standard, stamped steel, wheels on my
1955 C-300.  The wheel covers have punched out and raised ears in the proper
positions to engage the bumps.

I am running wire wheels now, but recall the C-300/Imperial wheel covers
squawked a lot while rolling.  Close inspection of the wheel covers shows
some wear and rounding of the engaging barbs.  Has anyone tried sharpening
these or prying them out for a tighter fit?  The wheel covers were difficult
to install, almost requiring two people--one to position the cover and the
other to run the rubber mallet.

Three more questions:
What material keys were originally issued with the 1955 C-300?  Aluminum or
nickel-plated brass?

Has anyone purchased, installed and driven the 8.00X15 General 3" WSW tires
from Lucas Automotive?

One of these wheel e-mails indicated the new rims were designed for radial
tires.  Without opening that can of worms, does anyone know the difference
between rims designed for radial tires and the pre-radial "safety rim"
wheels?

C-300'ly,
Rich Barber
Brentwood, CA