Re: [Chrysler300] Need Help From Owners of 300s with 14 InchWheels

Re: [Chrysler300] Need Help From Owners of 300s with 14 InchWheels

Hi Darren,

This had been confirmed by others. Rotating hubcaps - No small bumps. I also
had the same situation with the 1966 300 that I had with radials. Had to
silicone the wheels in place.

Tony

> From: Darrin Bailey <Darrin.Bailey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2006 06:42:44 -0400
> To: rob kern <robkern@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Chrysler 300 Club
> <Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Bill Leahy <bleahy@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Tim Tomlinson
> <tomlin@xxxxxxxxx>, Tony Rinaldi <awrdoc@xxxxxxxxx>
> Conversation: [Chrysler300] Need Help From Owners of 300s with 14 Inch Wheels
> Subject: RE: [Chrysler300] Need Help From Owners of 300s with 14 Inch Wheels
>
> I recall the same clicking sound and cover movement on my 1966, with 14"
> wheels.  I would have to realign the wheelcover weekly or it would cut
> off the valve stem.  No bumps were on these wheels.  However, the
> problem only occurred with radial tires, not with the bias ply.
> Something to do with flexing of the radial tire.
>
> Darrin P. Bailey Sr.
> Senior Insurance Examiner
> Virginia Bureau of Insurance
> (804) 371-9173
> Darrin.Bailey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Home is just a click away.? Make Yahoo! your home page now.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/DHchtC/3FxNAA/yQLSAA/8LmulB/TM