Re: [Chrysler300] Leaky Valve Covers - G

Re: [Chrysler300] Leaky Valve Covers - G

Thank you to everyone who responded. Gil gets the award for most creative, NEVER heard that idea before!

Question, I just got the valve cover gaskets from Victor, the set included 6 round rubber gaskets. These rubber pieces are approx. 7/8" diameter. I have always thrown these away in the past (they come with the FelPro gaskets also). What are the rubber pieces for?

Also, I am going to order the FelPro gaskets as I don't like the looks of the Victor.

Best regards,

Richard Osborne

>>> "Richard Osborne" <richard@xxxxxxxxxxxx> 06/06/06 6:53 am >>>
Good morning,

The left side valve cover is leaking on the G. Should I pull off both rams and replace the valley pan? The valley pan is only a year or so old and has less than 2000 miles on it since I last had it off. Looks like I am going to be able to make it to Carlisle. Before driving that distance, I was going to try and replace the VC gasket.

Next what are the various tricks out there to sealing a 4 bolt valve cover, especially on a ram car where the intakes need to come off.

Best regards,

Richard Osborne
Columbus, OH

http://us.click.yahoo.com/97bhrC/LGxNAA/yQLSAA/8LmulB/TM