[Chrysler300] aussie new300 spottings

This weekend's paper has story/feature on arrival of diesel 300 - a V6 turbo
3 litre, 0-60mph in 8.6 secs, price in oz dollars $57,990.  A shot of rear
of car (showing the badge mainly) is on cover of 48 page Motoring color
insert.

And re the rear of the car, coming home yesterday afternoon from working on
300Super's rust etc in my 57 TBird, I spot ahead what looks like a GM
Vectra, but on getting about 150metres behind, I spy the winged Chrysler
badge - it is a (new, not genuine) 300C.
We boths misses the lights, and I note the rego plate - SRT 008.  So I
decide to put the Bird in low/1st.
Lights go green, I hole shot/jump him by about one and a half car lengths,
and he never gets closer than just by my rear bar, but I think he was not
trying - maybe his car brand new, or he intimidated by my V8 exhaust, number
plate KOOL 57, or else my Bird is faster than him which I think not, even
with headers, mild heads, etc., even with my jungle juice fuel. I only ran
to just above speed limit there, about 55mph, then closed throttle, let him
go past.

So it looks like the SRT is now on sale in Oz - by his rego, I would guess
he could/may be Adelaide's nearby Chrysler Dealer - car had tinted glass so
could not see who driving, was sort of a charcoal silver.  When you drive
past them on main City road, they usually have one set up on top of a fake
large rock, front and centre of Dealership, amongst Jeeps and Crossfires,
etc..
Next lights we missed, I turn off, he continued on, spokes of wheels
flashing in late days sun as he moved off a couple of lanes over from me, he
heading towards where Dealership is.
So that makes two new 300s here in traffic in one week - never spotted
another real 300C in traffic here yet, but that day must be getting nearer
on cars here maybe getting nearer finished?
Christopher in Oz

http://us.click.yahoo.com/XISQkA/lOaOAA/yQLSAA/8LmulB/TM