[Chrysler300] Front seat question 300G

Hi club,

I got a look at the completed interior today for the first time on my 300G.
First of all, Gary Goers reproduction parts are unbelievably accurate and
beautifully crafted!  The seats look and feel just as they have in other
restored G's I have had the good fortune of seeing.  The carpet is perfect
as well as is the center console and door panels.  Thanks Gary!!!!!

The front seats are completely done and fully detailed.  I spent a lot of
time going over them and I noticed one curiosity that is more a function of
the assembly of the kits, not the kits themselves:

On both the passenger side and driver's side, at the very base of the bottom
seat cushion (where some metal trim belongs) there is what looks like a
bracket protruding rather far from beneath the leather into the leather
facing left (or in the case of the driver's seat, right) like it wants to
poke a hole through it.  So if I were driving the car and reached my hand
down to the left and toward the front (not too far from the swivel handle),
that is where the protrusion is pointing directly at the door.  I questioned
it only because it seems to be putting a lot of pressure on the leather and
I am concerned it will eventually puncture the leather.  It is circular and
about an 8th of an inch in diameter.

Let me point out again that this is NOT a reflection of or problem with
Gary's kit, but of the old restored assembly using the existing seat
infrastructure.  Any ideas?  Is this normal?

One other interesting note that I will be mentioning in the article: The
right front quarter panel was misaligned on this car from the factory.  The
car spent it's entire life with an incorrectly aligned fender.  We had a
debate as to whether to leave it or correct it....we decided to correct it.
Funny stuff.

Thanks!

John

http://us.click.yahoo.com/TISQkA/hOaOAA/yQLSAA/8LmulB/TM