RE: [Chrysler300] Donor Car

I'll mostly agree with John.  It really does depend on
what exactly is rusted on your car - and how you plan
to fix it. I've done a fair amount of research on this
issue in formulating a plan of attack on my G convert
(which I hope to someday attack!)

IIRC, there are some other differences between short
cars (Newport, Windsor) and long cars, such as the box
that ties the sill to the rear subframe and also hold
the front leaf spring mount - not usually bad, but on
my car the floor rusted through and let water pool
there and rusted one of those out. Also the braces
welded on the firewall that bolt to the subframe are
completely different.  If you needed either of those
pices you'd need them from a LWB car - NYer or '60
Saratoga.

You might find some differences in a SWB sill, but you
could still at least use a SWB sill for patch pieces -
maybe the whole thing with slight modifications.

Good luck.
Andy

http://us.click.yahoo.com/XISQkA/lOaOAA/yQLSAA/8LmulB/TM

http://mail.yahoo.com