[Chrysler300] Yellow Fever Strikes Palo Alto

[Chrysler300] Yellow Fever Strikes Palo Alto

This past weekend in Palo Alto, California,  Big Yellow emerged victorious
over a tough class of Lettercars from 1955 to 1965 to take the First Place
Trophy.

The weekend started early on Saturday with the California Highway Patrol
escorting a contingency of over 50 fabulous collector cars on a cruise
through the hills, out to the coast, and a glorious run up Pacific Coast
Highway to Burlingame, where we stopped at The Candy Store for a catered
lunch among a private collection of rare and exotic collector cars.

Big Yellow received the trophy for the Chairman's Choice Award!

Sunday provided an awesome display of Lettercars and other Chryslers
including Imperials, Airflows and interesting other Chryslers of all years
featuring a prototype 1954 Chrysler GS-1 Ghia, among the incredible Cords,
Packards, Auburns and Pierce Arrows.  There were some great Woodies,
Corvettes, a few Thunderbirds, MGs, Jaguars (fabulous!) and many more.

All in all, a great show.

I spent some time talking to Kevin Verduyn, who is the head of Chrysler
design from Carlsbad, CA.  I asked Kevin about a 2 door version of the 300
and a convertible, and he would only smile and say he cannot confirm that (I
took that as a yes).  The next generation of the 300 design is awaiting
final approval, with the decision for a revolutionary or evolutionary design
concept yet to be made.  Bet on evolutionary.

Follow the link for a few photos from the show.

http://community.webshots.com/user/luibear

Thanks to Larry Jett for his efforts in assembling and awesome display of
Lettercars.

Enjoy!

Louis M. Barrie
West Hills, CA