Re: [Chrysler300] Low oil

Hi,

Had the same problem on the '70 300 when I rebuilt the 440.  Same oil
pan, new dip stick and holder, showed one quart low.  After a second
oil change to verify that the proper amount of oil was in the engine,
I measured the difference on the dipstick, and cut that amount off
the dip stick tube with a tubing cutter.  Now the level reads correctly.

Bill Huff

At 08:05 AM 7/13/2006, Marjorie Cotler wrote:

>After being basically off the road for 15 years my 64 K Is up and
>running. About 16 years we completely rebuilt the enging. At that
>time I noticed even thoug added 6 quarts of oil ( 5 for the engine
>and 1 for the filter, it read one quart low. Now after all these
>these years I changed the oil and still always "reads " a . quart
>low. It looks like the dip stick was inserted right. Appreciate any
>hints or held-Stanley

Yahoo! Groups Links