[Chrysler300] Excessive Cranking to Start

[Chrysler300] Excessive Cranking to Start

I recently had a problem with a 69 GTX, 440 HP engine that required
excessive cranking to get running. If sitting for more than a couple of
weeks, it would need fuel to be poured down the 750 holley to start. I then
changed out the filter that fits over the end of the fuel pickup in the gas
tank. After that, she always fired up without any problems. Even after
sitting for a few months, it would  start with minimal cranking. I'm not
sure if our old brutes have these filters, if so after 40 or so  years,
might be time for a fuel sock change!
Regards,
Angelo Canal
300E