[Chrysler300] Parts inventory for sale

Hi Club,

I have been retained to sell a very large inventory of parts from a now
defunct parts business located in Connecticut.  I use the term 'very large'
but the volume of parts will overwhelm just about anybody...there are
literally millions of parts and components of parts as part of the
collection.  There are plenty of Mopar parts and even a set of 300 E dual
quads as part of the inventory (I had to get the letter car mention in) as
well as many other 4-bbl's.  There are also hundreds of Carter carburetors
as well as thousands of other branded units (both rebuilt and cores).

I am going to begin to market this inventory within the next few days and
wanted to post something on the server about it as I do believe there are
many members who own and/or operate large parts and restoration businesses.
I won't cherry pick the inventory but I will break it up by marque if the
offer makes sense for all parties.  Please see the below description and
send me a private email if you would like more details.

Many thanks.

John Lyons

This business contains an estimated 2,000,000 automobile parts for mainly
domestic makes ranging from the 1920's through the early 1980's.  Please, if
you are interested in purchasing this inventory (or a portion thereof), plan
on taking a trip out to Connecticut to inspect it.  The volume of inventory
is overwhelming to say the least.  The inventory consists of three main
categories:

--NOS (New Old Stock), OEM or replacement parts: approximately 35-40% of the
overall parts inventory.  This includes 	components of bigger parts
such as bolts, nuts, springs, kits, etc.
--Complete but non-functioning parts: Approximately 35-40% of the overall
inventory.
--Incomplete (non-functioning) parts (cores and/or replacement components)
20-25%.

Of the parts, the approximate following percentages of parts by manufacturer
exist:

--GM: 45%
--Ford: 25-30%
--Mopar: 10-15%
--Other American (Packard, Studebaker, Cord, AMC, etc): 5%
--Other (foreign): <10%

I have approximately 400 images of the inventory.  I am working to have them
posted on the internet and will forward the link to any interested party.

The owner has decided to sell the parts business because of health issues.
I have been retained to manage the sale.  I have total authority over the
sale and will work with interested parties in breaking up the inventory to
suit your needs.  I will not cherry pick for individual items.  The
inventory is located at four locations and will easily fill 10 to 15 tractor
trailers.  Also, much of it is not cataloged.

The inventory is stored in this fashion:

--50% in secured climate controlled storage at three warehouse locations
--45% in secured dry, water tight non-climate controlled storage
--5% outdoors in covered open trailers

Ways I will break up the inventory (if sold in smaller lots):

--By Marque: (Ford, GM, Chrysler, etc.)
--By type of part: (Carburetor, starter, solenoid, alternator, etc.)
--NOS/Remanufactured/rebuilt, Cores, components, etc.

The parts must be removed from all locations within 180 days of purchase.
If the buyer is local, purchases the entire inventory and wishes to run the
business from the current site, a long-term market competitive lease is
available.  The principle owns the building and surrounding 2 acre lot.
High speed internet, phone service and a loading bay are all available.  UPS
and FedEx both stop at this location daily.  The location is close to
several major interstate highways and thoroughfares.

Owner financing is not available.

A small sampling of the inventory:

--Thousands of carburetor rebuild kits (sealed in boxes)
--Approximately 4000 carburetor cores and complete carburetors needing
rebuilds (about 30% are 4-bbl, 70% 2-bbl)
--Approximately 750 NOS or Remanufactured carburetors in boxes or on
shelves.  Brands include Holley, Carter, Solex,         	Zenith,
Edelbrock, Rochester and others.  The large majority of these (80%) are
4-bbl.
--Hundreds of NOS and refurb brake shoes and components
--Thousands of bearings sets (NOS)
--Countless alternators and alternator rebuild parts (bushings, etc)
--Hundreds of fuel pumps (NOS and repro)
--Approximately 20-30 motors (none rebuilt)
--Several transmissions
--Starters and starter parts (thousands upon thousands)
--A large supply of NOS Ford exterior parts (trim and the like...about a
half of a tractor trailer worth)
--Lots of hub caps from '60 era cars (50 or so)
--Bushings, core components, rebuild components for all major items
including starters,  distributors, alternators, 	generators, fuel
pumps, etc.
--Many many more parts

Payment due in full upon conclusion of the transaction.

If you are interested, I urge you to inspect it for yourself.  I use the
word overwhelming...and that is an understatement....there are tons of parts
in this inventory.

The 400 images represent approximately 65% of the overall parts inventory
for sale.  Approximately 1/3 of the inventory was inaccessible when I did
the photo shoots for this sale.

This inventory is being sold at pennies on the wholesale dollar and is
estimated to be worth 7 to 10 million dollars retail.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/TISQkA/hOaOAA/yQLSAA/8LmulB/TM