[Chrysler300] Passing The Torch (Spray Can)

[Chrysler300] Passing The Torch (Spray Can)

Hello 300'ly to all!
    I did the "Bling" thing with the control knobs on my C the past two evenings. Terry McTaggert made available at the recent Asheville meet the Dupli-Color "Metalcast" #EMC202000 spray paint named "Yellow Anodized" for C & D owners to properly spray their dash control knobs. He also had printed  Wayne Graefen's missive of 3/27/06 regarding this paint and described technique to perform the paint process.  It works perfectly! I used five "dry and wet" applications for each knob.  The masking process involved fully wrapping each knob in masking tape and insuring that the crease line is defined for the inner lip to face intersection. I used an Xacto knife to score this crease line and lifted away the respective circle of tape. I did not remove the emergency brake handle nor the ignition switch ring but masked them inplace and draped the interior with plastic sheeting.  By the time I was ready to spray these knobs in place the interior of Mopsy looked like a surgical orthopedic suite with a patient draped for a joint replacement procedure. The remarkable discovery was that the black painted indented letters L,W, and B did not get any Yellow Anodized paint to settle on them and looked crisp and defined like they were done at the factory!  There was no need to smear black paint into the crevice of the letters to be wiped off after 5 days of the Yellow Anodized color to cure. So the Dupli-Color can and instructions will be available at the Lawton meet to be passed onto the next brave C or D owner considering the "Bling" thing.  What a difference from my hand painted Hobby Lobby Testor's gold paint that I put on 3 years ago!  Another good reason to register for the Lawton meet!   ROB KERN

http://us.click.yahoo.com/TktRrD/gOaOAA/yQLSAA/8LmulB/TM