From: Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Warren Anderson
Sent: Thursday, 17 August 2006 10:19 a.m.
To: Dave; Gary Barker; goldenlion413@xxxxxxx; Tony Rinaldi
Cc: Chrysler 300 Club
Subject: Re: [Chrysler300] 300F Ball/trunion unit.

> Everything is new and bolts up right to tranny and rear. Nothing needs to
be
> modified. Unbolt old drive shaft & store away and bolt in with the new.
Only
> thing needed is a rough measurement.
>
> Tony
> 300-F Conv't

Wouldn't the safe path approach be to let the builder take measurements off
the original shaft? I have seen wrong field measurements ruin a job when,
for instance, the wheels were not on the ground properly and the driveshaft
not in a normal operating  plane. If new shaft is made from new parts and to
match old shaft for fit by driveline shop, the responsibility for fit should
fall directly on the driveline shop.

Warren Anderson
Sedona,AZ

For list server instructions, go to