Re: [Chrysler300] 300F Ball/trunion unit.

Re: [Chrysler300] 300F Ball/trunion unit.

The measurement need to be done on an alignment rack witht he weight of the
car on the wheels. There is a lot of front to back movement in the modern
front joint so that the measurement is not critical. He give the
instructions as to what points need to be indexed and measured.

Tony

> From: Warren Anderson <wranderson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2006 15:18:55 -0700
> To: Dave <dintym@xxxxxxxxx>, Gary Barker <gbarker@xxxxxxxxxxxx>,
> <goldenlion413@xxxxxxx>, Tony Rinaldi <awrdoc@xxxxxxxxx>
> Cc: Chrysler 300 Club <chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: Re: [Chrysler300] 300F Ball/trunion unit.
>

>> Everything is new and bolts up right to tranny and rear. Nothing needs to
> be
>> modified. Unbolt old drive shaft & store away and bolt in with the new.
> Only
>> thing needed is a rough measurement.
>>
>> Tony
>> 300-F Conv't
>

> Wouldn't the safe path approach be to let the builder take measurements off
> the original shaft? I have seen wrong field measurements ruin a job when,
> for instance, the wheels were not on the ground properly and the driveshaft
> not in a normal operating  plane. If new shaft is made from new parts and to
> match old shaft for fit by driveline shop, the responsibility for fit should
> fall directly on the driveline shop.
>
> Warren Anderson
> Sedona,AZ

Yahoo! Groups Links