Re: [Chrysler300] 6V Jump Starter

my c300, has never had a problem cranking speed the only times the c300 didnt like to start was when hot after seating for say 20 minutes. I had the float leval lower a bit . it sure seem to help alot.hold throttle half, make sure yor oil is not to heavy. use marvel mistery oil in place of one court of oil. i use interstae battery that only has a decal on that can be removed. they last me along time. 12000 mile c300 ron
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: johnl
  To: Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ; Johan Vastsater
  Cc: Brody, Diane
  Sent: Tuesday, November 21, 2006 12:17 PM
  Subject: Re: [Chrysler300] 6V Jump Starter

  Hi Johan,

  Owning (3) 1955 6 volt Chryslers I fought the same problem for years. At one time I was using the 6/12 battery and it worked, but looked funny with the extra wiring. My friend and fellow club member Ken Brody told me he could fix the problem. I let him have a go at it. First he had the starter on our C300 rebuilt and then we put correct heavy battery cables on the car and made sure the grounds were good. Last Ken went through the distributor which still has points and set it up on his machine.

  That was probably about 10 years ago and the car cranks and starts every time. In that 10 year period the only change was a battery replacement about 6 months ago. We did the same on our '55 Imperial and also our '55 NYer T&C wagon. Last summer I drove the wagon to the 300 meet in Lake Tahoe. Driving up the central valley in California through 100+ degree heat the wagon cranked and started every time.
  I think if you check these items you will correct your problem.

  Sure, I like the 12 volt systems better as they do provide a more responsive crank and are easier to get batteries for, but the 6 volt will do the job it set up correctly.

  Good luck with the project,

  John Lazenby

  1955 Chrysler New Yorker Deluxe Town & Country
  1955 Imperial Newport
  1955 Chrysler C300 Tango Red
  1956 Chrysler 300B Cloud White
  1957 Chrysler 300C Coupe Raven Black