fuel sender

The fuel sending unit on my 300E has gone bad and after three repair
attempts, I have tried replacing it with a 57-59 repro unit I found online.
The repro registered 1/2 full when first installed, with the tank near empty
and now reads at 7/8 after adding 12 gal, which should be closer to a half
tank of fuel. So it look like the float on the repro does not sit correctly.

Any advice besides replacement?

Anbody out there have a NOS sending unit or very good used?
If so, please reply offline as I'd like to get the first chance to purchase
one if one is out there to be had.

Thanks, JD

John Dokos
 <mailto:jd195@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>  <mailto:jd195@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx > jd195@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
h(512) 869-8656