Re: [Chrysler300] Tail-Lights

Anders:

Happy New Year to you as well.

I own a 1966 300 convertible.  The tail lights are unique to the 300 for this
year, as are the rear quarter panels.  The rear quarters are cut out to
accept the wrap around lights.  I once came across a 1966 300 coupe with the same
issue.  It was being sold by an antique car dealer outside of Chicago.  I was
friends with the owner of the establishment at the time, and he asked me to
come and take a look at it.  Although there was no traceable documentation, it
appeared that the car was either in a serious accident or had some severe rust
conditions.  The rear clip off a 1966 Newport was substituted.  The grille,
interior and serial number all indicated it was born a 300.  The fit and finish
appeared to be OK, but it is obviously different from a 300.  This sounds like
the same situation.  I know it can be difficult to find some of these items
which are unique to the 300, but it is certainly worth the effort.  I believe I
may still have the right tail light lens, as well as both bezels from my car.
I replaced these with used ones when I did the restoration on it.  They are
far from excellent condition, but they are useable.  The bezels can be
rechromed.  If you are interested, I'll try to find them.

Good luck.  I love my 66 because it has not yet gotten caught up in the
frenzy of extraordinary high prices.  Therefore, I don't mind driving her
everywhere, as long as the weather is OK!

Regards,

Ian Carlton
1966 Chrysler 300 Conv
1966 Plymouth Barracuda