[Chrysler300] 50s 300 Factory signwriting query

[Chrysler300] 50s 300 Factory signwriting query

I am sorry/sad to say the 50th birthday of my supercharged 300C passed
without the car being finished (Dec 28th) - reason is too many other cars
stole my time and money the last 6 months - boy you can have a lot of fun
with a (totally uncollectable) El Camino ute - late 60s-pre '72 era if you
soup up the motor a bit and the car has good shocks and factory disc brakes
- seemingly as they were lighter than Corvettes, you can make them go like
all get out!! ( Lucky my 3 300s are not usually parked near the EL,
otherwise there might be trouble - anyone worn down by a 300 resto could do
far worse than consider one of these - and they are great for hauling round
big 300 items/parts, and may re-enthuse you for your 300/other car projects
? And I am not normally a real GM lover)

Anyhow the New Year is here/over, and 50th anniversary guilt sets in, so
first I start and move the 300 about 100 feet to the other side of the shed
( boy it great to hear that 392 still unmuffled, with it's weird blower cam
idle/roll at idle, if you can call it that) after rubbing leather
softner/treatment into the original seats (hey that's much easier than
finishing last bits of rust !!??), and then today (despite it being another
bugger of 110 degrees) I finally start on cutting/shaping a real small
mongrel piece of rusted lower guard/fener I have avoided for weeks, and I
have now set myself the target of getting the car sort of finished enough to
be useable/legal by 50th anniversary of it running on Beach at Daytona -
this is 2nd half of Feb - about 5 weeks.

So to the question - time permitting, I may redo the signwriting that is on
the car - and down both quarter panels is the large "CHRYSLER" that seems to
be same as done on some/many 50s Chryslers for competition - the letters get
smaller/bigger, according to going towards the tailfins/rear.

The question is does anyone/Club know if was there any set formula for how
much the letters grew/shrank from first to last?!  otherwise I can just re
signwrite it as presently - the font/type of letters used in Chrysler seems
identical to photos of 55-56 300s that one sees done the same, so it, the
main question,  is just if they got the 'letter size growth %' correct??

Other aussie 'News wise', car sales figures for last year just released -
family size/bigger cars, sales slumped 20% last year - only big winner was
Toyota, who now have over 20% of National Sales, yet concerningly maybe for
you/US car production, the Australian Govt lets Toyota claim they only make
a near zero profit on selling hundreds of thousands of cars -so in effect
the real mega maybe billion dollar annual profit is made (goes!!!) in Japan
- untaxed - and thereby gives Toyota to me a seeming huge unfair
win/advantage over GM/Ford/Chrysler who declare profits in the hundreds of
millions here - this on sales figures of only maybe 50-30% of Toyotas !!

Anyhow enough commentary on how others may take advantage - let this be a
good year for 300s, as well as our health and wealth (re the money needed
for our 300s,

Christopher in Oz where a new year's 2007 resolution is 'found an aussie 300
chapter/grouping' if over next few weeks enough seem interested, even if it
only an email newsletter/contact type thing at first.

Advertisement: Fresh jobs daily. Stop waiting for the newspaper. Search Now!
www.seek.com.au
http://a.ninemsn.com.au/b.aspx?URL=http%3A%2F%2Fninemsn%2Eseek%2Ecom%2Eau&_t=757263760&_r=Hotmail_EndText_Dec06&_m=EXT

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> Your email settings: