Re: [Chrysler300] 300D Distributor

HI to all,

We never could get my ³F² running right with the original Pertronix. They
now have a Pertronix II? Kept dual points and did a MSD 6 capacitive
discharge box and timing control.

Have ordered a replacement Mallory Unilite breakerless electronic
distributor with mechanical tach #3857801 Series 38, 46 recommended by a
knowledgeable Mopar restorer (Tom White) which is completely electronic.
This looks stock. Just have to paint the red cap black. Fully adjustable
mechanical advance. Will fake vacuum feed to look stock.

This is for 1959 and up for 413, 426, and 440 RB and hemi.

Mallory¹s specs show a 1957-58 for a 392 hemi with a stock # 3733701 Series
37, 45 Unilite Electronic Ignition with no mechanical tach connection. Don¹t
know enough about ³C¹s² and ³D¹s² to know if they used mechanical tachs.
They also show a Series 50 Magnetic Breakerless Ignition with a part #
5033701.

That¹s it. Limit of my knowledge so far.

Anyone have any first hand knowledge about this distributor replacement?

Once installed, will let everyone know how it works out.

Tony