RE: [Chrysler300] 61 300G

OK the aussie will speak first - Matthew what did you buy the car for (a) to
enjoy, or (b) to (ha ha ?!) make money out of restoring it?

And besides these two points - From afar it seems the number of sound
unrestored cars must be getting lower - that maybe if one has one, it better
not to restore it, and perhaps even do the minimum, say like put a real good
quality leather reconditioner on, and you can recolor leather back to near
new original if you get the right person.

Personal view - drive the bastard, only fix what others reaaly say you
should (300 Club Members in US), and then only fix it after getting advice
from those who have done it without spending too much.

My guess is a full resto will see the car off the road for perhaps an
average 2-7 years unless you are very wealthy, super dedicated, able to do
much yourself, and have restored many other cars before?

We are our own worst enemies re cars - always trying to play 'God', make it
as good or better than it ever was, then too scared to se it stone chipped,
dusty, wet or worse - and guess what - we can't take them with us, and maybe
we only live once, so maybe there are other things than cars.

Better go - those who know better things than great handling fast cars with
lumpy idle high horsepower motors, bloody good looks, and never break down
or need work on them (ha ha ha !!!!), please email me with lists and where
to buy such secret great ( other non car ) things,

all the best from Oz - bloody heat wave coming our way peaking around 112+
this weekend, and 2 big car events shows on Sat night and all Sunday, I
taking my original 300C to both - better wear some tires out before their
vulcanising self destructs them in less time than some animal's lives are -
do we really believe our tires are unsafe after 5 years!!?
Christopher

>From: MATTHEW OSTROWSKI <m.ostrowski@xxxxxxxx>
>To: chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>Subject: [Chrysler300] 61 300G
>Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 20:52:36 -0800 (PST)
>
>Greetings fellow members,
>
>   I just purchased a '61 300G all original in good shape. I would like to
>learn more about the level of restoration I might chose to do, if any. The
>body is very solid, paint is good, interior leather has some cracks. I
>guess my questions are the following:
>
>   What does leaving the car original do to its value?
>
>   If I decide to restore the car what type of restoration is best, frame
>on, frame off etc?
>
>   Can you clean up the frame/underside of these cars, restore the
>interior, and paint the car? Would collectors be interested? Does it help
>or hurt the value?
>
>   Any ideas of restoration costs and who is the best to do it?
>
>   Thank you in advance for any info you can provide!
>
>   Warm Personal Regards,
>   Matthew Ostrowski
>   Black '61 300G

Advertisement: 50% off on Xbox 360, PS and Nintendo Wii titles!
http://www.play-asia.com/SOap-23-83-4lab-71-bn-49-en-84-k-40-extended.html

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional